The Gayle Wells Foundation for Early Onset Alzheimer’s & Care was formed to educate in care and compassion for all impacted by early onset Alzheimer’s disease. It is our wish that you feel part of a community of professionals and individuals that understands this journey. You do not have to endure this journey alone – we are here to help provide information and guidance. We understand that a diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer’s is confusing, frightening, and life-changing. We also know that one of the biggest challenges is obtaining information about the disease and learning what to expect as the disease progresses.
Detailed information is available on our web site, but we can also create custom information as you encounter the various stages and behaviors. This journey can be overwhelming and trying to find information when you are caring for your loved one, can be extremely difficult.
Some of the ways we assist you along the journey include:
- “What to Expect” tips and suggestions as you notice new symptoms being exhibited by your loved one.
- Assist in finding local community and medical services within your area.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for home safety guidelines, behavioral situations, personal care activities, and other concerns you encounter as your loved one progresses through this disease.
There is no cost associated with the services we provide. As is stated in our vision statement, we are here to educate in care and compassion for all impacted by early onset Alzheimer’s disease.
As it is our goal to work directly with you and your loved ones, please see the “Contact” information below.
This document contains terms related to the many aspects associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
Checklists (Coming Soon)
- Daily Schedule
- Day Programs/Respite Care
- Doctor’s Visits
- Home Safety
- Hospice – When to Know It is Time
- Hospital Visits
- Memory Care/Long-Term Care Facilities
- Personal Health Record
- Stages & Symptoms
Please contact Laura Sutherland, LMSW, using the Contact Us form. We ask you email Laura with your contact information, your questions or situation, so that she may talk with you directly.
This document contains a list of websites for various agencies and organizations that focus on Alzheimer’s, caregiver resources, and financial and estate planning.